Sunday 23 March 2014

Install gnome 3 themes on Ubuntu 12.04

Recently I upgraded my laptop to Ubuntu 12.04. Its better that the best. :-)
While browsing the net for something I stumbled on a very pleasing UI theme for Ubuntu 12.04. I read along following all the links in the page and got to know much about GNOME 3. The themes collection available for GNOME3 was plenty and beautiful. I installed GNOME3 shell on my Ubuntu and then imported some very nice themes, icons from gnome-look.org.
GNOME 3
sudo apt-get install gnome-shell
Download themes
Follow instructions in the theme package about installation, usually the themes are copied to ~/.themes folder, icons are copied to ~/.icons and custom fonts needs to be copied to ~/.fonts.

GNOME tweak tool
This is a tool used to set the themes for UI. Very useful.
sudo apt-get install gnome-tweak-tool

Note:~/ refers to home directory. i.e., '/home/username/'

No comments:

Post a Comment